Saturday, February 7, 2009

My TV Drama Choice

The television drama I have chosen to watch weekly is Waterloo Road Series 4 (BBC One, 2006-present). I decided on this drama because I watch it every week anyway because I enjoy the storylines, characters, representation of school life and comparing the school to my own, which is VERY different.
Waterloo Road is set in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England and is about a troubled and rough comprehensive school. The programme doesn't focus on one particular character, instead it focuses on the teachers, students and parents and deals with social issues such as abortion, drugs, suicide, divorce and marriage.

Waterloo Road is produced by Shed Productions which also produced Bad Girls and Footballers' Wives, both dramas known for their violence, sex and outrageous storylines; so don't expect anything less from Waterloo Road.

I will be blogging about my drama again after the next episode on Wednesday 11th February and will fill you in on all the characters and what they have been up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment